Sunday, December 15, 2013

welcome


Hello and happy holidays to what I can only hope becomes a massive online readership. A quick intro and a few things about the space before we get started:

 - It is my hope to update this a few times a week with posts, thoughts and ramblings spanning the (sports) world we live in.
 - The topics covered here will be widespread, and I will try not to be too much of a homer*.
 - Send any comments, positive, negative or otherwise, to our email address, and I'll respond to as many as I am able. I will be sure to read them all.

 - As for me, I am just a passionate sports fan wanting to get back into writing. I worked as a newspaper reporter for 3 years in college, covering everything from breaking news stories to football recruiting to restaurant and concert reviews. I am most certainly not qualified to be taken too seriously. Yet, at least.
 - As advanced statistics become more mainstream (and more available to the public), it is my hope to give takes and back them up with facts, which I will link to where possible.
 - I also hope to have some contributors from time to time. Keep your eye on the byline.
 - Lastly, it is my hope to get a little better at this thing as we go, so your patience in the early going will be appreciated!


 *Full disclosure: I'm a lifelong Kansas City Royals, 
Chicago Bears and Nebraska Cornhuskers fan.


Ok, now that that's out of the way, let's get going.....

No comments:

Post a Comment